A router is a type of networking device that passes data information in the form of packets between the networks of the computer.
The data is sent through emails and websites in the form of packets. A Wi-Fi router is a device used to segment a network and contains more capability than other network devices such as a switch or a hub.
The routers are not only used to perform fundamental networking functions but also allow you to transfer information between two or more computers. These devices quickly analyze your data information.
In our homes, routers are commonly used to share internet connection between computers and laptops. Here are the following methods which will help you to setup Wi-Fi router.
How To Setup Wi-Fi Router
- PROPERLY LOCATE YOUR WIRELESS ROUTER:
Ensure that you placed your Wi-Fi router in a proper place as it is the key to get more coverage from your router device. Place your router high and keep it away from other wireless interference network devices such as cordless phones etc.
- CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION:
If you are trying to install a Wi-Fi router in your home, firstly check your internet connection! Proper internet connection is necessary for installing your Wi-Fi as a lousy internet connection takes lots of time and will frustrate you during installation. To check your internet connection status, you have to connect your modem to an Ethernet cable and plug it into your computer.
- POWER SUPPLY:
Now connect your router to your power supply plug and turn it on. Wait at least 1 minute after plugging your device because it takes some time to get started. Then the indicator lights of your device will activate automatically.
- CONNECTION OF ROUTER DEVICE TO AN INTERNET SOURCE:
Now, you have to connect your Wi-Fi router device to your internet connection and your modem to the router, you must have enough Ethernet cables. Ethernet cables ensure that if any changes made to the wireless network then it will disconnect you.
This internet port is different from other internal ports; It is different in color and other features. After plugging, you can check your router indicator’s light as it shows you a new light that will be an indication of an active internet connection.
Wants to Setup Wi-Fi router Call our expert tech team @ +1 877-778-8740, we are available 24/7.
- ACCESS YOUR ROUTER VIA WEB BROWSER:
Now, you need to access your router device. To do so, open a web browser in your computer and enter your router address in the search bar! However, you can access all routers by entering IP address 192.168.1.1. If you face any issues while accessing your router from the browser, then it may be due to the disabled ‘web management option.’ In this case, you need to reset the factory defaults by pressing and holding the Reset button on your router’s back.
After accessing your router from the web browser, you need to enter username and password which varies from router to router. In case if you forget your username and password, you will need to reset your router to factory settings and search online for your router model.
The above-mentioned instructions if followed correctly, then you will be able to use your Wi-Fi router network connection which you created recently. Setting up a Wi-Fi router will also allow you to access all your network devices such as mobile phones, laptops, etc.
Netgear is a well-known networking company that provides you a variety of DSL modems and routers. The company makes both business and home routers. Business Netgear routers offer more features and therefore are expensive and support VPN too.
A Netgear router is a device that conveys the digital signal to an analog signal. It is a device used to interface between computers and telephones. Nowadays, Netgear is producing two different types of Netgear modems which are:
- Internal Modem: It is a type of modem that is built-in a computer.
- External modem: This modem connects your computer through a cable and is powered through an external source.
HOW TO SETUP NETGEAR ROUTER:
Netgear router gives strong encryption to your data wireless information by as it supports WPA. To Netgear Router Setup, follow the steps given below.
- In the first step, you have to connect your Netgear router to the internal port of the Netgear router.
- In the next step, switch your Netgear router and computer button off and on again.
- Then open your web and enter the default IP address which is 192.168.0.1 on your web address bar. A login page will appear where you have to enter your username and password.
- Now click on the setup wizard button which detects Dynamic IP.
- Then press the hit button, the router will save the settings automatically.
HOW TO LOGIN NETGEAR ROUTER:
If you are facing any problems in log in to your Netgear router, you can easily fix it by following the given instructions:
- In the first step, you have to open a web browser on your computer or in any device connected to your router network.
- In the second step, you have to type the default IP address which is (192.168.1.1). You can also type www.routerlogin.com on your web address bar.
- Then you have to click on the enter button or search option.
- On your web page, the router login window will appear. Now enter your username and password.
- In the last step, click on the option ‘ok’ or login button. In this way, you will login to your Netgear router.
Still facing any issues regarding your Netgear router setup, you can contact Get My Wifi Ext @ +1- 877-778-8740. Netgear router customer service provides you better customer service as compared to other well-known router brands.